What is Encapsulation?
Encapsulation is a practice of ingesting the placenta after it has been steamed, dehydrated, ground and then placed into capsules.
Traditionally it has been said to have many benefits that support and aid in the mother's postpartum healing.
Benefits of Placenta Encapsulation.
- Reduces postpartum bleeding
- Increase in oxytocin - which assists the uterus in returning to its pre-pregnancy state.
- Increase in milk production
- Decrease in stress, by increasing hormone CRH ( a stress reducing hormone)
- Restores Iron levels in the blood
- Increase in energy
- Decrease in postpartum baby blues
- Rich source of Iron and other hormones
I do not currently encapsulate myself, I source out to my colleague Gina Syder of Truly Pure Birth