This is ME 360 degrees
I am writing a 365 photo journal. I have chosen to do this for a few really good reasons. I was inspired to try during a resent Birth Photographer retreat I joined.
Here are 6 Reasons Why
1. Growth, I am forcing myself to think out of the box to watch light, and movement. I am not using flash as I am pushing my growth in natural light and documentary style photography.
2. My children grow up way too fast, and it feels at times that I am missing the whole thing.
3. I want you all to get to know who I am, just as much as I get to know who you are. In my job I am with you for many hours sometimes days. The settings are very vulnerable and intimate. I get to know you on a very deep level quickly. I think by showing vulnerability and honesty, you have a chance to get to know me as well, just as quickly and just as intimately. Want a head start on me, read my blog 25 Things you Need to Know about Me.
4. I want to write about things, people, and places that inspire me. What makes me tick, why it makes me tick. For me it has always been a feeling, so my challenge is to show my feeling through my lens. When I get inspired, or feel that passionate burn, I get excited and move. I would like to be able to photograph those feelings and photograph them well. It’s so far been a tricky learning journey.
5. I hate being in front of my camera, and I hate selfies. I hate having my picture taken. I have a double chin, crooked smile and really bushy eyebrows. This is what I see when I look at me, but when I look at other people I see beauty. I want to get there in myself, fear holds me back, self judgment holds me back and lack of confidence holds me back as well. My goal is to leap past this self hurdle and see myself the way I see others and expect others to see in themselves too. I figure if each one of you shows me who you are, full of love, fear, beauty, pain and vulnerability, I can show you who I am in the same light. I also will be learning how to take a self portrait.
6. I photograph maternity, newborn and birth. My goal is to tell a story that Is not based on my work, but to pick up my camera and tell a story that is based on my life and my family.
Please follow comment and share this blog post! Let me know you are listening, and hey, if you want to see something don’t hesitate to ask :)
Candice is a Lifestyle - Newborn -Maternity - and Birth Photographer, based out of Vancouver BC Canada. Candice provides her services in the following areas. Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Langley, Surrey, Barnaby as well as the Fraser Valley Abbotsford and Mission