having a doula decreases your risk of intervention, birth trauma, infections and DEPRESSION,
labouring IN YOUR OWN SURROUNDINGS with knowledge on when to transfer
You'll receive the confidence, knowledge and support to make informed decisions during your birthing journey.
we Will provide you with food and warm drink after birth, tidy up your birth space, and help you snuggle down with baby for the night.
YOU'LL RECEIVE regular VISITS FOR THE FIRST WEEK OF YOUR POSTPARTUM JOURNEY AND CONTINUED SUPPORT FOR 6 MORE WEEKS.
You'll have family nearby with undelayed skin to skin time and immediate breastfeeding support.
you'll have the freedom to move around your home and choose your own birthing positions.
• Two lengthy prenatal home visits
• Monthly zoom meetings with your doula
• Assistance in identifying goals and creating a values list
• Evidence based education and research support
• Unlimited access to personal support
• Zoom meeting with your secondary doula
• Extensive support during your birthing journey for as long as we’re needed.
• Three lengthy postpartum home visits
• 6 weeks of continued postpartum on-call support by text + phone, 24/7
• TENS unit rental
• Birth pool rental including set up and take down
• Access to our extensive Lending Library
• Complementary framed placenta print
We'll talk about:
~ exercise and nutrition during pregnancy
~ your options surrounding birth, and informed choice
~ the stages of labour and what to expect
~ medications including induction options
~ birthing too fast, or having to transfer locations
~ alternate care options for optimal fetal positioning (massage, chiropractic, naturopath)
~ the birthing partner
~ massage and touch during labour
We'll talk about:
~ the possibility of a C-Section
~ delayed cord clamping and placenta
~ protecting your perineum during labour
~ coping and relaxation during labour
~ breast/chest feeding + the breast/chest feeding partner
~ bonding with your newborn
~ parenting and newborn baby care
~ safe sleeping with your newborn
~ your maternity health appointments with other care providers.
If baby is still 'comfy inside' at 41 weeks, we’ll have a meeting to discuss what's next. Whether or not to induce your labour and what type of induction options you could potentially use. This is a complimentary appointment, only done if necessary for situations out of your control.
- We'll attend your birth and support your for the length of your labour as needed.
- We'll provide practical help in preparing the birthing area, customizing your space, setting up the birthing pool and decorating for you.
- As your labour progresses, we’ll coach and support you and provide support your partner and/or children.
- If the need arises, we’ll advocate for you.
- After birth, your doula will prepare a fresh cup of tea to warm your body, clean up the birthing space, take down the pool and start a load of laundry.
- We'll provide immediate support in breast/chest feeding.
- We'll discuss your baby's wellness and give your baby a bath.
- Our care is different for every birth; our goal is to support you the best way we can.
~ We’ll discuss and answer any practical questions about what you may be experiencing
~ We’ll spend time in your home providing hands on support like cooking, light housework or laundry
~ We’ll provide compassionate and encouraging support
~ Your doula will provide ongoing breastfeeding/chest feeding support
~ If needs arise, we’ll connect you with community resources like physio therapists, sleep and nutrition consultants, lactation support.
~ We’ll discuss your baby's growth and ongoing wellness
~ We’ll talk about your birthing journey and experience for closure
~ If you have any baby or postpartum body-related questions, we’re here
~ We’ll talk postpartum body awareness and nutrition
~ We’ll talk about sexual health and re-introduction to sex
~ We’ll discuss your needs and the potential of continued doula support
a complimentary "Parent like a Boss" planner
a complimentary 12x18" framed placenta print
you will also
The doulatog’s primary focus is to work as your doula and photograph only when the time and/or opportunity arises. You will only have one person attending your birth and some moments may be missed because of prioritizing doula support.
With this option, you’ll have the undivided attention of your birth doula and ensure that every moment is captured by your birth photographer who will be solely focused on capturing your birthing journey.
At Stages Doula, we are multi talented doulas who operate with similar goals and values.
PRENATAL + POSTNATAL YOGA
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THESE SERVICES, LET US KNOW!