Where are family sessions held?
Family and Maternity Lifestyle sessions are held outdoors in the wild at “Golden Hour.” Golden hour is known as the hour before sunset, in which images are warmer and the sun is lower in the sky providing a warm and golden look. You must arrive 15-20 minutes before your session time. For example, if your session is at 7 pm, you must arrive at 6:45.
Family sessions are held at golden hour and we only have 1 hour for your session. If you are late and not ready, this will eat into our session time, and we will not make it up at the end. If I am late for any reason, I will make up for your time at the end of the session.
I have wonderful locations to choose from. If you have a location of choice within Port Coquitlam or Coquitlam I will change free of charge, but outside of that there is a travelling fee of $15 per 10 km.
- Field location – Colony Farms, Campbell Valley Park
- Beach location – Alouette, Bunzen
- Mountain location – Pitt River, Buntzen Lake, Alouette lake
- Ocean location – Belcarra Park, Rocky Point
Newborn Lifestyle sessions are held in your home at 10-11 am. I use natural light only. Please make sure all your lights are turned off and all window coverings are open fully. Yes, in every room!
Documentary sessions are a fun-filled day of activities in your home or out on location. Many families like to go to the beach, for a walk, to the park, out for ice cream, etc. Indoors, we have baths, play with make-up, baking, or cooking. Choose activities that represent your family and what you enjoy! Keep location choices close to home for mini documentary sessions. I call shotgun!
How far out in advance do I need to book?
I do a limited number of sessions a month (this includes my Birth Sessions). I book up quickly, so please give me as much advance notice as possible to secure your dates. Spring-Fall fills up rapidly, and I will release those booking dates to previous clients first. I book only on Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays are to remain open in your calendar in the event I have to change appointment dates due to a birth.
Sessions are held at:
- 10 am for Newborn Lifestyle
- Golden hour (1 hour before sunset) for Maternity and Family Lifestyle
- open day flexibility for Family Documentary
I take only 1 session per day.
What happens if I book a session and I cannot make it?
I am a doula, so I understand wholeheartedly that things come up! Babies wait for no one, not even me to finish a shoot. For this reason, I am happy to rebook once, and I only schedule sessions on Fridays and Saturdays. Sundays are open for emergencies, only such as I need to rebook or you need to rebook. You may rebook to a Sunday only. You can rebook once, with 24 hours notice.
What should I wear?
I prefer light neutral colours because this helps create light. Darker colours absorb light, logos date families, and patterns wash out and take focus. Please keep your clothing neutral with light colours, avoiding patterns and logos. Please coordinate your clothing–it doesn’t need to match perfectly, but it should work well together and compliment each other. Check out my what to wear on my Pinterest board.
How long do sessions take?
- Family and Maternity Lifestyle: 1.5 hours
- Newborn Lifestyle/Documentary: 2 hours
- Mini Documentary: 3 hours
- “Day in the life” Documentary: 6 hours
What is included in my session?
- I am an inclusive photographer, which means you receive your whole digital gallery, which is typically a minimum of 30 fully edited and lightly retouched images.
- You will receive a complimentary album, according to your purchased package with all your digital images (up to 50). *Larger galleries will not fit in the complimentary album. Pages, customization, and additional retouching available for additional costs.
- You will receive 2-3 sneaks by text within 24 hours.
- If you have purchased Birth photography (or Fresh 48) you will also receive your birth announcement within 24 hours.
- You will receive a beautiful slideshow of your images set to licenced music.